[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sabbatical

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Mar 18 15:59:11 CET 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Gabucino wrote:

> Awesome work! :) Just watched RTCW intro on TV :) The sync is still somewhat

	Did you notice any visual artifacts?

> strange, though - it's as if the video would be displayed 0.2-0.5 sec ahead
> of audio. Just as the A/V counter shows: -0.6 - 0.0
> Guess it's a demuxer issue.

	I experimented with different FPS values. I found that 21 fps
appeared to make the wolf.roq intro play properly (for the small excerpt
that I have). I saw this same issue with FILM files before I added PTS
support. Maybe if I add PTS support to the RoQ demuxer, the problem will
magically go away.

	BTW, I thought about reworking the demuxer so that it doesn't have
to traverse through the whole file first in order to build the
index...then I rethought the idea and decided to leave the demuxer
alone...:) The RoQ demuxer is quite solid right now and a bunch of weird
issues come up if I try to rework it. Just how long does it take to load
up the who RTCW intro (from a CD-ROM?) and how large is the file?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson