[MPlayer-dev-eng] bugs...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Mar 17 04:03:36 CET 2002

Hi,

As you may noticed, I've doem some "cleanup" on mplayer.c, especially tried
to fix init/uninit problems (player stick in background, missing getch2 uninit
left xterm in unusable state etc). There were lots of old unused, and mostly
disabled code, i've removed them. Also removed Nick's silly MAX BENCHMARK
code, i don't know what is it indeed for, but I'm sure it didn't worked.
It shown 480% cpu required for p4 1.8ghz playing I-only mpeg1 352x288...
simply nonsese. Anyway as Nick forked, no one needs them.

Ok, back to the topic.
While I've fixed many bugs reported recently by Gabu and users, I've found 2
libvo bugs:
vo_x11 crashes (sig11) with -zoom parameter when playing more than one file
(different width/height). I've played benchmark1 set from mphq ftp:
  mplayer { *.* } -vo x11 -zoom
after playing file 2, or when pressing 'f' on file 1, it crashes.
it also crashes sometimes with single file if pressing 'f' several times.
i'm using mwm, under X 4.2.0, if it matters. if you can't reproduce (i think
you can - it's strict bug) i'll make gdb logs and the usual stuff from
bugreports.html

vo_xmga's uninit doesn't close the window. it's noticable when playing a
video and then an audio-only file:
  mplayer -vo xmga video.avi audioonly.mp3
the window from video.avi stay there while playing the mp3, but it is frozen
(doesn't receive events nor refreshes).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team