[MPlayer-dev-eng] Yes, I decided to fork!

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sat Mar 16 23:24:43 CET 2002

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> When I finish restructurizing of source tree - I'll open CVS.
> (I really don't know how I can remove subdir on sf.net :( ).

	You can't directly move a subdir in the SF CVS. You put in a work
order and request that the admins do it for you. I've had experience with
this, and they will eventually get to it (it may take a few days or
weeks).

	Good luck with your fork. And who knows? In the grand scheme of
open source development, the main project may roll some of your better
ideas into the main tree (like gcc & egcs). But did you HAVE to call in
MPlayerXP? I can't imagine that I'm the only person who thinks that refers
to an MPlayer port to a certain other operating system.

	Will you be incorporating any of the native MPlayer codecs?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson