[MPlayer-dev-eng] userfriendly release? don't flame...

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Fri Mar 15 10:27:31 CET 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:31:02 +0100
Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> We're getting closer to the next release every day.
> No, do not ask the date, I don't know yet. But we really should
> make something, as ppl still downloading 0.60, ~ 1000 times per day.
> And - as you know - 0.60 is really old "shit", we've solved many
> bugs and also implemented some of the most wanted features, like 'f'
> or audio from separate file, and also some speed stuff like DR,
> faster libavcodec etc... Not talkin' about dxr3 and dvb drivers,
> they were unusable buggy/slow in 0.60.

THe 'f' key is still not working with -vo xvidix, i had a look
at it but couldnt find out what the problem is.
Also the aspect stuff from xmga should be fully ported to xvidx
(there are parts of it in there, but it's not working)

> - do portability checks (compiling on *bsd, solaris, etc)

I can do testing of solaris here at the eth (though sound isnt working with -ao sun :-(

> - review and update docs. it really needs some reorganizing, and the
>   review of options, facts, and other things changed in last months.

Maybe we should now decide whether we keep the html docs for another
release or do the transition to a new system now. But if we do it
it has to be done quickly. I could help a bit whithin the next two
weeks until the semester starts again.

> - find more mirrors. at time of 0.60 release, the avg bandwith usage of
>   mphq server was around 300kbyte/s for a week. it's too much here :(

It should be possible to find one here at the eth, i'll ask.

		Attila Kinali

--
I am a moslem, i am a terrorist.