[MPlayer-dev-eng] demux_mov & width/height

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Mar 14 03:34:21 CET 2002

Hi,

> On Wednesday 13 March 2002 22:11, Arpi wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > i'm also sure, that those .mp4 files has real w/h in the compressed mpeg
> > stream too, as you can extract mpeg steram from the qt container, and
> > it's still playable afaik.
> search for 00 00 01 20 in the mp4 files its in there, its the start code for
>
> the header and its appearently not passed to ffmpeg ...

hmm. you're right (as usual :))

i've found that - it is included into the 'stsd' chunk, the sample
description table, as extension with id 'esds'.
we have to find a nice way to recognize this (as at time of parsing this
chunk we don't know if it's video and it has optional extension subchunks
after the optional palette...) and to pass it to ffmpeg, through demuxer and
libmpcodecs...

anyway, while playing with stsd contents, i've found that image width/height
is stored in stsd too (besides tkhd). and it seems to be better, at least it
shows the right width/height for my sample files.
so it should fix some qt playback problems, with h263, cvid or dv codec.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team