[MPlayer-dev-eng] ffmpeg problems and hwac3 on OSS

German Gomez Garcia german at hal9000.piraos.com
Tue Mar 12 01:45:01 CET 2002

> Hi,
>
> >       Finally I was able to make AC3 passthrough work again in my
> > box, it was the HIGHMEM kernel patches that totally broken it, luckily
> > it's fixed now, so I'm trying to make it working again in mplayer. Anybody
> > working on it?
>
> It has been solved months ago...
> the problem with sblive is broken oss driver. use ALSA 0.9 with oss
> emulation, it works.

	Well, in fact ALSA 0.9 is currently broken if you enable HIGHMEM
in the kernel, anyway, I've reported the changes that people working on
the oss driver make to the emu10k1, so I hope they update their tree
soon.

> >       More things, I was unable to make ffmpeg codecs family (-vfm 5)
> > to decode anything correctly, I've tried with different video output
> > drivers, x11, xv, sdl and xmga, always with the same result, I also
> > tried several kind of input files, divx4, mpeg2 and it doesn't matter;
> > the output is right at keyframes but just after it somekind of green/blue
> > small blocks appears over all the image, they seem to slowly 'flow' over
> > it.
> >
> >       Any idea?
> not a known/common problem
> rtfm docs/bugreports.html

	Solved, it was caused by compiling avcodec with extra
optimizations.

	Regards,

	- german

--
Send email with "SEND GPG KEY" as subject to receive my GnuPG public key.