[MPlayer-dev-eng] More On Automatic Codec Downloader

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Mar 12 01:25:35 CET 2002

Hi,

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Arpi wrote:
>
> > I coded it some time ago (with help from lez), and .so modified a bit.
>
> 	What or who is .so? We're not talking about an artificially
> intelligent shared object here, are we?

.so == pont (pont(HUN)==point(ENG)) + so (~=scho) == Pontscho :)

he is the mplayer gui and intaller code author/maintainer...

> > Why don't you check it before rewrite universum in perl???
>
> 	Maybe because there was no documentation on the matter and we
> wouldn't have recognized what it was for in the first place? I don't
> know... I actually did look over the TOOLS directory, but must've missed
no, it's in separate cvs module, not in the 'main' tree. it's in the
'installer' tree, so checkout installer, as i said in my prev mail...

> it. I'll give it a look and see if I can adapt it for these purposes. I
> wasn't keen on using libcurl either because I want a tool that the user
> can count on to work without having to download more support packages.
yes. this is why i force using thsi small code instead of depending on nig
things like libcurl or perl.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team