[MPlayer-dev-eng] Misrepresented 'cmov' Chunks

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Mar 10 17:20:16 CET 2002

On 10 Mar 2002, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> > 	I'm wondering about the best way to address this: 1) Hack up the
> > MOV demuxer so that it takes this into account or 2) change the atoms in
> > my MOV files and be done with it?
> If it can be fail-proof detected, modify the demuxer to autodetect if
> headers are compressed.

	I'll see what I can come up with. I was thinking of modifying the
demuxer so that it would treat moov atoms as cmov atoms and attempt to
decompress them. If the decompression operation fails, assume it was a
regular moov atom to begin with. This assumes that it's possible to fail
the decompression operation (it has a CRC, as I recall).

	Hey, even when these files are 'fixed' by replacing 'moov' with
'cmov', QT v5 doesn't know how to handle them. Go MPlayer!...:)

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson