[MPlayer-dev-eng] Homepage link to XviD

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Mar 6 18:41:48 CET 2002

Hi

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 18:09, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> just my two cents, but from a user perspective, i find it quite
> annoying to have to install nasm to build certain programs. how about
> you guys switch to gas instead?
>
> in any case, arpi isn't the author of ffmpeg, so he's not the one to
> ask.
yes, but gerard is not here afaik... so asking him is useless he wouldnt
awnser
i just wanted to mention the nasm/gcc+gas issue as its causing some
unnecceary duplication of code ...
allthogh switching to nasm might not be possible (portability?)
perhaps it would be better if i dont add divx5 support to ffmpeg at all, but
take a look at xvid and try to add it there instead?

[...]

Michael