[MPlayer-dev-eng] large file size bug

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Mar 4 00:21:54 CET 2002

Hi,

> Mencoder will create a non-seekable avi file if its over 2GB.  I've tried
> fixing it by altering the muxer size to a long long, and using ftello instea
> of ftell in mencoder.c, but it still is broken.  Arpi, can you look at this?

what is ftello ? i can't find such thing in linux...
under linux with 2.2+ glibc you can use ftell and lseek on 64bit data, by
defining some tricky defines:
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE

they make off_t long long and also enables 64-bit variants of file calls.

probably it's a porting issue, rather than mplayer/mencoder bug.

anyway, avi files >2GB need so-called ODML indexes instead of old-style
normal indexes currently generated by mencoder.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team