[MPlayer-dev-eng] IMGTYPE's

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Mar 3 22:19:18 CET 2002

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Arpi wrote:

> When kabi asked about moving your RGB codecs (msvc, cvid, etc) to libavcodec,

	Actually, cvid is a modified YUV codec at its heart. But it
doesn't use DCT or MC, just vector quantization and frame differencing, so
I'm guessing that libavcodec's facilities wouldn't benefit it.

> I was the one saying NO, as libavcodec is not the right place for them.
> But it is the BEST place for YV12 DCT+MC codecs to add.

	Right now, I'm trying to get the RoQ video decoder
implemented. It uses VQ_MC. I'll spend some quality time studying
libavcodec and its interaction with MPlayer. Then, I imagine I'll have to
get on another mailing list to get patches into that tree...:)

	Thanks for your tips on MPlayer architecture.
--
	-Mike Melanson