[MPlayer-dev-eng] IMGTYPE's

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Mar 3 05:39:57 CET 2002

Hi team,
	Okay A'rpi, I'm getting a grip on this mp_image structure
thing. Next, I want to implement a video decoder that outputs both YV12
and has motion compensation. This tells me that I'm going to need this
IMGTYPE:
// I+P type, requires 2+ independent static R/W buffers
#define MP_IMGTYPE_IP 3
And I trust that MPlayer will take care of allocating the 2 YUV frames
for me to render to and swap between. I'm just not clear on how I access
both frames. There only seems to be 1 mp_image structure and it only
provides for one video frame. Is this a case where the skeleton framework
is in place, but not the underlying support code?

	I thought you also mentioned something about how if I want to
write a motion compensated decoder, that I should just add it directly to
libavcodec?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson