[MPlayer-dev-eng] YV12 For Cinepak

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sat Mar 2 07:27:49 CET 2002

Hi team,
	I attempted to add YV12 output to the Cinepak decoder tonight. It
still has a rather glaring bug which will be obvious if you try it
out (image chrominance properties are squished on the left half of
the frame). Until I have it perfect, I've commented out the "out
YV12" line in etc/codecs.conf.

	Since this is the first time I've written a YV12 decoder, let me
see if I have the basics straight: A YV12 output buffer will have
  (width * height * 1.5) bytes
allocated to it. And I can count on
  sh_video->image->type=MP_IMGTYPE_STATIC;
to allocate that space for me. The output buffer will consist of (width
* height) bytes for luminance values, followed by (width * height) / 4
bytes for the v plane, followed by (width * height) / 4 bytes for the u
plane. Do I have all that straight?

	I'm sure the decoder has some silly logic error which will be
obvious tomorrow morning.

--
	-Mike Melanson