[MPlayer-dev-eng] Packed YUV -> RGB Conversion; Speed Freak

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Mar 1 16:31:24 CET 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> the swscaler can convert from yuy2 -> bgr* but its not as fast as a non
> scaling converter ... allthough all important yuv based codecs support yv12
> so it doesnt matter imho

	Fortunately, speed is not a concern since I'm only concerned about
testing YUY2 on PPC via PNG files. I modified the vo_png.c module last
night to recognize BGR32 data. How can I modify it to deal with YUY2 (and
UYVY, for that matter)?

	True, anything that supports a packed YUV format ought to support
planar YV12, as well. But our Cinepak decoder doesn't yet. (It will as
soon as I get down to it, hopefully this weekend.) But I still want to get
the YUY2 support to work.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson