[MPlayer-dev-eng] Architect: follow mode

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Sat Jun 29 09:11:28 CEST 2002

D Richard Felker III wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 08:48:48PM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
>

>>I'm slowly modifying mplayer for a follow mode as part of my
>>introduction to it's internals, and I think it advisable to consult here
>>from time to time so I don't make any major errors.
>>
>>I want a mode where if mplayer is playing a file and the file grows
>>while playing mplayer doesn't stop early.
>>

>Afaik that was implemented a few weeks ago already.

Hmm, doesn't work for me; if I start mplayer with -dumpstream on an asf
stream and dump to a file, and then a few(enough) seconds later start
mplayer from that file it stops at eof quickly, I restart (from start)
and it goes longer and then stops, etc.

I guess it is stopping at the size of file when it started.

Sam