[MPlayer-dev-eng] another batch of compiler warning fixes

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jun 28 03:13:58 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > unacceptable for us - now their dll loader loads
> > wine and the
> > main app using the dlls - so imagine wine loading
> > mplayer.dll ...
> > anyway every dll we have and need is working with
> > this loader,
> > so i see no sense of merging with wine's code
> >
> ok, just for personal info.
> to close the discuss :
> are we talking both of winehq's wine ?
yes

> (I ask only because there is rewind(X11 license fork),
> codeweavers wine, and transgaming one)

crossover's patches are sent back to winehq - don't forget that
crossover is really a company of winehq authors
crossover is really winehq + nice GUI and browser plugin interface
to test it, install crossover plugin demo, then replace their wine
with wine from winehq, and you'll get a full version of crossover :)
at least qt5 player still works and no annoying 'shareware' messages appear

i don't know about the gaming wine editions, winex and others,
they are mostly winehq + various directx emulation layers.

about the loader - the one used in linu xplayers (avifile, mplayer,
xmps, xine) is a very simplified version of very old wine dll loader.
getting win32 codec dll's to work don't need to much emulation of
the win32 environment, codecs don't use special things, just some basic
stdc/math functions, so there are wrappers to the linux versions.
there are also many dummy functions, some silly codec dll links to
special things, but never use them - or at least don't need them to work :)
this micro-wine is implemente din loader/win32.c, some copypasted from
old or fresh wine, others are written by us or are just dummy.

this loader != wine - the fork was >2 years ago, and the development
is not connected.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team