[MPlayer-dev-eng] ao_alsa9 cleanup

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Thu Jun 27 10:25:44 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > Have you tested this patch only on beta12/rc2? Could you test it on
> > older 0.9.0 versions?
> >

> i tested it on beta12/rc1 but there is not so much difference to rc2 i think. i have some old alsa9-versions lying arround but i dont want to mess up my current set-up by deinstalling/installing alsa-stuff, maybe later on i could set up some kind of test-system if someone donate me some crappy soundcards ;)
>
> i currently changed now also some malloc's to alloca and added an undef of alsa_device in uninit, cause this was a problem with the gui.
does this malloc->alloca change has advantages?

> there is still a bug when a vid starts to play without sound ao_alsa still get initialized but crashes. should be fixed.
hmm, never noticed. could you send bugreports?

> the next step would be to implement controls, i just tried but you know the alsa-documentation...
controls? libao2 controls: set_volume/get_volume? or alsa-controls?

> and switch from the printf's to the internal message handler?
do this, but be safe. Use MSG_INFO for messages that you want to be printed
out for everyone, and MSG_V (DBG2,DBG3) for verbose messages

-
alex

P.S.: could you set your mailer to use 80chars linelengths? (only a question,
80chars is a the etiquette for unix)