[MPlayer-dev-eng] MacOS X Cocoa output device

Robert Quattlebaum rquattle at mac.com
Tue Jun 25 19:36:01 CEST 2002

A few weeks ago I purchased a PowerBook G4. I was delighted that at
around the same time, MPlayer started to work on MacOS X.

But using the SDL output device doesn't seem to be ideal... The higher
resolution I go up the slower things get, and at lower resolutions
things start looking rather bizarre.

I was wondering if there was anyone who was actively working on making a
native MacOS X cocoa output device. If not, I'd like to try writing one.
If there is someone working on this, then I would like to help out. I
own two MacOS Machines that can help out with testing and development --
an iMac DV and a new PowerBook G4.

If there isn't anyone working on this output device, a few initial
pointers on the interface would be helpful. I'm a mildly intelligent
person so I can probably figure out most of the details after an initial
push in the right direction. To be honest, I haven't looked at the
source yet.

- darco
http://www.deepdarc.com