[MPlayer-dev-eng] about Sorenson support on linux

Joey Parrish joey at yunamusic.com
Mon Jun 24 08:42:40 CEST 2002

Hello,

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 07:53:57PM -0500, Joey Parrish wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 12:27:28AM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > have you looked at mplayer-cvs? it already supports sorenson v1
> > and arpi works on improving the code to integrate it into libavcodec...

> Yes, I saw that, but it did not play any of my sorenson videos.
> I assumed that it was not the same code as in xine/libquicktime,
> because the libquicktime demo player has no problems decoding
> the videos.  Should I upload a few videos that don't work?

Okay, nevermind, I did get the sorenson video to work.  The problem
seems to be that there's no YVU9 support in any of the libvo drivers,
and that vop scale won't convert the colorspace.  After reading, I found
that vop yvu9 makes it work.  Why is this conversion not supported by
vop scale?  Could this be either integrated into vop scale or called
by vop scale when YVU9 input is recieved?  It seems odd that one should
explicitly specify just one colorspace conversion when all the rest are
handled automagically.

On another note, congrats on the sorenson decoder.  What's the current
state of sorenson audio formats?

--Joey

--

"All you need is love." --Darth Vader