[MPlayer-dev-eng] Video format specification from demux layer?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jun 24 03:35:18 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 09:22:40PM -0700, Charles Henrich wrote:
> So I must've missed a change, but none of the tv capture stuff is working
> again, because it somehow thinks it is a raw uncompressed video stream instead
> of YUY2 or YV12.  I havent changed the code, has the automatic discovery

YUY2 and YV12 are raw uncompressed video, just in YCbCr colorspace
which is what makes sense for movies/photographs/etc. What happened is
that Arpi changed the way the "raw" video "decoder" determines the
colorspace and format of the stream, and no one updated the tvi
interface to pass along the necessary info in the way the new decoder
needs. Anyone care to fix this?

Rich