[MPlayer-dev-eng] CDDB support in CVS

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 08:21:20 CEST 2002

I just commit the CDDB support in CVS.
Some work are still needed but it's already usefull.

CDDB support will be compile in if cdda and streaming
are enable. "streaming" because that enable the network
code.

For now, it will compute the discid, check if the entry
is not already in the cache, fetch the xmcd file from the
freedb server if not cached, and just return it.
Then it call the normal open_cdda.

The output of all of this is really verbose, I will remove
the useless output and use mp_msg instead of printf.

Like I said, it just returns the xmcd file, the file still need to
be parsed to feed mplayer. I didn't start looking on how
and where to hook up that in, so any help on this is
appreciate. Especially to enable the gui to have the track title.

Unfortunatly, the freedb server is sometime slow to response, so the
connection timeout,I increased the timeout value to counter that.

I grab the code to read the cdtoc, from some sample I found and it looks
like FreeBSD use another way for doing that than Linux. The code
is there but not tested for FreeBSD. If someone can test that I will
appreciate.

Does the space at the end of the version string, in version.h needed?

Enjoy,
Bertrand