[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: v4l input broken since pre5

Paul Ortyl ortylp at 3miasto.net
Fri Jun 21 00:27:50 CEST 2002

A'rpi wrote:
> ok, so the v4l demuxer should set sh_video->bih->biCompression and
> sh_video->format correctly, currently it doesn't do that...

I have tried to investigate the problem and I still do not understand what
is really wrong...

So... v4l demuxer does not specify sh_video->bih->biCompression and
sh_video->format correctly...  but both should store fourcc number (as far
as I understand after RTFS and RTFM)

And... in fact
sh_video->bih->biCompression == sh_video->format == given image format!!!

It is that with
mplayer -tv on:driver=v4l:outfmt=yuy2

the value of sh_video->format equals fourcc for yuy2 (as stored in header
files).

and mplayer still says that:

=======
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDecoder init failed :(
Can't find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x32595559 !
get_path('codecs.conf') -> '/home/ortylp/.mplayer/codecs.conf'
*** Try to upgrade /home/ortylp/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
*** If it's still not OK, then read DOCS/codecs.html!
=======
And there is no codec for 0x32595559...

Actually I can set the video format to any fourcc value by "outfmt=" option,
but nothing is changed.

What should be the RIGHT values for sh_video->bih->biCompression and
sh_video->format???

Probably I do not understand something in the MPlayer architecture, but
can anybody help me?  I'm willing to make it work this weekend ;)

	Paul

PS: CC me on answer, please.

--
Paul Ortyl <mailto:ortylp at 3miasto.net>
  Technical University of Gdansk, Telecommunications Faculty