[MPlayer-dev-eng] v4l input broken since pre5

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jun 20 21:01:27 CEST 2002

Hi,

> 	Is anybody fixing the bug introduced before pre5???
>
> See the reports at:
> http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-June/016402.html
> http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-June/016404.html
>
> I have the same problems with today's CVS version.  My previous one
> (CVS-020509) worked OK (there was at least the video stream).  Now there is
> nothing...
>
> Please look at this or at least give me some hints where the problem might
> be...

we cannot fix, lack of v4l hardware...
i've fixed serious bug in raw video handling, the demuxers override fourcc
value causing 15bpp uncompressed avi playback bad, and fixing that caused
15bpp mov bad...

ok, so the v4l demuxer should set sh_video->bih->biCompression and
sh_video->format correctly, currently it doesn't do that...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team