[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Moving the audio plugins to libmpcodecs - design of plugin management

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jun 19 17:35:35 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 01:15:46PM +0800, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Preferably I would like to see some type of configuration interface
> which could get and set data using the following sources:
> 1. Config file
> 2. External program
> 3. OSD
> 4. GUI
> 5. Network socket ?

Directly listening to a network socket is almost surely insecure.
Instead you should perhaps open a unix socket in .mplayer; then the
user can use an external program to transport data to it over ssh or
something. For X-based vo's, you could also provide some method of
controlling plugins through the X server, so that X clients on a
remote box could control mplayer.

Rich