[MPlayer-dev-eng] cddb support

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 06:22:49 CEST 2002

On Saturday 15 June 2002 06:04 pm, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Sunday 16 June 2002 01:22, Bertrand Baudet wrote:
> > Since Albeu put CDDA support into mplayer, I was wondering
> > if someone is working on a CDDB support?
> >
> > Anyway, I started one, it's almost complet. The basic is there,
> > so it will compute the cdid, and request cddb for the song list.
> > I'm using HTTP request, not the CDDBP (CDDB Protocol).
> > It's more convenient since I can reuse mplayer HTTP implementation.
> >
> > I need to add cache support, so once the cdid is resolve, the next
> > it will be read from the cache, not from the server.
> >
> > Once I have completed some missing part, I will commit it to CVS.
> >
> > I just wanted to let you, to avoid having several people working
> > on the same thing.
>
> Nice, will you also fix seeking with cdda?

I think I will let Albeu fix that since its is code.
I'm just adding cddb. I don't know yet how I will
hook it up, maybe something like cddb:// that will
resolve the tracks titles and then call cdda to play
the track.

> Also something that could be of interest for you:
> http://sdp.ppona.com/MMSprotocol.doc
>
> This word document describes the MMS(HTTP/TCP/UDP) protocol based on RE.

Yes I already have it. Actually, it doesn't describe the HTTP protocol. The
document mostly describe TCP.
The TCP implementation is already in mplayer but since the implementation is
less reliable (for now) than the HTTP one, it will only be used when the
server doesn't provide HTTP support.

Bertrand