[MPlayer-dev-eng] thoughts on cdparanoia

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Tue Jun 11 21:34:52 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "D Richard Felker III" <dalias at aerifal.cx>
To: <mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 6:04 PM
Subject: [MPlayer-dev-eng] thoughts on cdparanoia

> Hey, I saw that Alban just added support for playing audio CDs through
> the cdparanoia library.

Wahey.  I have my own reasons for wahey, of course.
Knowing the mplayer status line is out for being dropped sometime soon.
Also knowing -slave mode, perhaps -slave could be certain to output some
information like current length of stream (if it grows) as well as current
position in stream...

I'm excited because this would then let mplayer drive the karaoke project my
friend has, showing lyrics, and perhaps flash-type displays but keeping time
to the music video or cd.

Not part of the vision of MPlayer perhaps but as far as feature requests,
innocent enough to want useful status output in slave mode?

Sam