[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PROBLEM] MacOSX and SDL in window mode

Klokan Petr Pridal xpridal at informatics.muni.cz
Tue Jun 11 04:08:07 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > It's possible to #include "SDL.h" in the mplayer.c in the future? You have
> > to also remove from main() parametr "char *envp[]" and get this array
> > another way (if it's used)...
> yes, you can do it make sure you have #ifdef HAVE_SDL around the include of
> the .h file. You can remove envp in main parameter list and the
> m_config_parse_command_line function, at it is not used at all (the only
> thing is that if MP_DEBUG is used, it places an assertion on envp but that
> can be removed, too). As you can see from this, it's used for nothung really:
>
> >There is also need to add window mode as
> > default for driver "Quartz" on line 896 in libvo/vo_sdl.c.
> Yes, please do it. I already noticed, but didn't know driver name for osx.

OK. I will make a patch...

Look at http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xpridal/screenshot.jpg. It could be published in the screenshots page on www.mplayerhq.hu, if somebody wants, but copy this file (don't link)...

> > If you have new (buggy) QuickTime 6.0 beta, the content of window is not
> > updated. Only when another window is draged over the content it is changed
> > the right way. The same do VLC client.
> Could you write some MacOS X howto for mplayer where this stuff is mentioned?

I did (and do) that on pages of MPlayerOSX (http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xpridal/mplayerosx/). Or you would like add some file to MPlayer DOCS? It's possible and it's cleaner...

On MacOSX have to exist two binaries. One for normal users without unix experiences idealy as MacOS "Package", icon and GUI (now it's under /usr/local/.. and AppleScript GUI anyware as packaged application): that's right now my MPlayerOSX package.
Second under fink (locate on disk in the /sw subtree) for more experienced users which will compile new versions, CVS etc...
In the future I'd like to compile mplayer staticly and give all needed files (configs, subtitles..) in the Application folder... I know it's not "unix clean", but it's "mac clean". VLC do it the same way. But they have real GUI, not only script for running mplayer with right parametrs...

I'll be glad if somebody add a link from www.mplayerhq.hu...

> Sorry I can't trace this stuff without access to such system, maybe I can if I
> have ssh access to a system where I can run MPlayer with sdl.
On SF.net server farm it's not possible? Maybe I can asked somebody to lend me an Apple and I can give it to the academic net. It's needed?

Nice night/day

Klokan
--
 (\_/)    Klokan Petr Pridal