[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer RTP Support

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jun 10 04:13:28 CEST 2002

>Hmm, does this mean, you will not implement this handshaking into the
>LIVE.COM libs?

No, I'd be happy to implement this protocol, provided that (i) the protocol
is described in some public document (i.e., so I know how to implement it),
and (ii) I'm assured that this information was obtained by 'reverse
engineering' (which is legal in the U.S.), rather than by 'theft of a trade
secret' (which is not).

>What - besides possible law problems - speaks against integarting real rtsp
>handshaking into LIVE.COM libs?

Nothing, "besides possible law problems".

>Btw. as MPlayer is mainly developed in hungary, we are probably pretty
>resistant against lawsuits by realmedia :)

OK, but LIVE.COM is incorporated in California, USA, so this is not an
issue that I can ignore.

         Ross Finlayson
         LIVE.COM
         <http://www.live.com/>