[MPlayer-dev-eng] realaudio...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jun 10 03:52:55 CEST 2002

Hi,

I couldn't stay and hack something together...
especially as it mainly needed audio codec and demuxer hacking, it's my area
:)  the 'messy' work was already done by Florian.

after spending some hours, i found the 'unknown constants' in the stream
headers, so, except some strange values, i have everything parsed from the
stream instead of hardcoding.

i got the decoder working, and initializing.
but...

after another several hours of debugging, i've found that those idiots steal
the descrambling stuff from .asf... so audio packets aren't in their time
order!! they are mixed up, to make error resistance better.

the packet size for your sample is 600 bytes.
there are 60 and 10 in headers, i didn't find what are them... now i know.
the h and v size of the scrambling matrix.

so, they split the 600 byte packet to 10 small packets, 60 byte long each,
and mix their order... we have to find the mixing algorithm...

.asf used something similar, but simpler, they made a H*V matrix of small
packets and rotate it by 90 degrees. real seems to more complex :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team