[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer RTP Support

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 00:47:52 CEST 2002

On Sunday 09 June 2002 05:22 am, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> about two month ago you wrote about a patch that adds extended RTP support
> to MPlayer, as it seems you stopped further development of it.
>
> Now here's something interesting: MPlayer-CVS now supports the usage of
> RealONE Player linux binary dlls, so rtsp-streaming support, as planned by
> you would become extremely handy!

There is a tricky part in RealNetwork rtsp support.

They are using RDT (Real Data Transport) instead of RTP, but
it doesn't look too hard to reverse. I started looking on that
more than a year ago, I just need to find my notes.

They added a challenge key in the RTSP handshake.
This key is use by the client and server to check if they talking to
a real Real client or a real Real server.

I heard about some applications that were able to save a RDT/RTSP
stream to a file, so they probably found the meaning of those challenges key
since, from what my coworker told me, it's not possible with the real SDK to
hook up between the network stream and the render core.

If people are interested, I can send a handsake to show the challenge keys.

Bertrand