[MPlayer-dev-eng] bug in postprocess code?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Jun 9 01:11:36 CEST 2002

Hi

On Friday 07 June 2002 22:54, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I playback the janwayne.avi, that JAF recently uploaded to MPHQ, I get
> a weird row of blocks at the left border of the image, as soon as I specify
> -vop pp (even if I give no further pp parameters). The video res looks
> suspicious: w=384 %16==0 ok, but h=172 %16!=0 %8!=0 %4==0 -> bad. If I do
hmm w=384 ? looks more like 348 ... ;) which isnt %16==0
the pp code needs luma/chroma output stride%8==0 as the code works with 8x8
blocks, its possible to copy the right row into a buffer and work in there
but it would slow things down, actually this right side buffereing code was
implemented but than put under #ifdef as arpi said its no problem to keep
output stride %16==0 (that was really long ago) i dunno if it still works

-vop expand=352:172,pp seems to fix it ...

[...]

Michael