[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre5?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 9 00:51:52 CEST 2002

On Saturday 08 June 2002 09:28, Björn Sandell wrote:
> > hmm, can you please describe to me, why you do not want to autodetect
> > ossaudio stuff on OpenBSD? Does it use sun audio or why? We should enable
> > as many drivers as possible by default, it's users choice what works best
> > for him.
> >
> > Please tell me how this stuff works on OpenBSD.
>
> ossaudio is just an emulation layer around native audio. It there to aid
> porting but one should use native sound wherever possible. Presently the
> sun audio driver works as native, so it's the preferred way to go.
>
> As long as sun audio work, ossaudio is just extra weight with no benefit.
You don't know all cards etc. eg. with alsa9 oss emulation works usually
better with mplayer, then native alsa9. Also mplayer's oss otput is the most
primary output, so will be best maintained. So please let the autodetection
active for openbsd, so if ossaudio emulation support is dected, it should be
enabled. It's up to users choice, wether sunaudio or oss emulation works
better for him.

> > Another thing with your patch is that some test programs do not like -a
> > and -o so you shouldn't use test openbsd -a "x" != yes; then but rather
> > if openbsd && test ...
> Sure. Do you mangle it or should I resubmit?
Resubmit with above changes please.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos