[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: pre5?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jun 7 02:50:46 CEST 2002

Hi,

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:08:28PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i've collected the importamt changes from cvs log, since pre4:
>
> You never applied this patch (see below) that I sent about two weeks ago. It
> adds error checking to mencoder's .avi writing. Without it, mencoder will
> happily go on even if the disk is full (producing a corrupted avi). This is
> especially bad if you do things like "mencoder <opts> source.mpg && rm -f
> source.mpg".

because i don't like this patch, but don't even refuse as i agree it is
required :) so i placed into /dev/delay but someone seems to redirected it
to /dev/null :(

my problems with this:
- it checks for every file writes - normally it's ok, error can happen
everywhere... but, it's far enough to check only at packet writting.
if it cannot write data chunks, then disk is full. it will give the wanted
result, with a 10-line patch
- the whole muxer layer will be (re)designed and implemented after the 0.90
release, and this aviwrite stuff will be converted/rewritten to use the
muxer api.

anyway, i've just commited your other patch (open.c, to handle named pipes)
and Ohm's libao2 plugin changes

we should have code freeze now, til 0.90pre5 tomorrow. only trivial or
critical fixes may go in tomorrow!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team