[MPlayer-dev-eng] XMAME petition

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jun 6 15:15:42 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Hi! I know this is a bit offtopic, but could it be at least remotely
> possible that anyone understanding vidix (nick, arpi, etc) or XV, to
> contribute a display driver for those to be used in xmame (x.mame.net)?
> XMAME doesn't use acceleration for the games, except for the DGA 2 mode
> which is still Real Slow.

I've checked the xmame thingie...
anyway, what is the sense of a game emulator without games? something like
mplayer would be without codecs...

anywya i don't think it can be faster using Xv or vidix, they accelerate yuv
conversion and scaling, it has no use for such things

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team