[MPlayer-dev-eng] MCF ( Multimedia Container Format ) : Invitation to participate

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jun 5 15:18:17 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > so, ogg is similar to asf/mpeg-ts. so, why do we need new fileformat then?
> > ogg uses timestamps, and has avi-style headers.
> >

> all the time. That's not so important but you must add to this the fact that
>  only the
> pages have timestamp. So when a page contain more than one packet (usal with
> audio) only 1 packet is timestamped and you must calculat the other. Not so
> hard,

hmm, it's very bad!
even .asf has timestamp for every packets of every streams.

> Dunno much about mcf, but I think that if we work together (with other moive
>  player

i've checked mcf after writting my mail, it's the same as TCF but renamed.
it's no more than a little bit extended AVI, with variable size chunks and
opendml-like hierarchical index :(

so, i wote for the mplayer-fileformat then :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team