[MPlayer-dev-eng] MCF ( Multimedia Container Format ) : Invitation to participate

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 5 02:36:59 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 01:55, Arpi wrote:
> 2. asf, mpeg-ts (+ogg?) style: fixed size chunks, so raw seeking is
> possible (chunk position can be calculated). these chunks contain the real
> data chunks fragmented. i like this approach, imho it's the best we can
> have: raw seeking is possible without index, error-resistant, any size of
> the real data chunk is allowed, no mess with sync-words.
in ogg streams the raw codec data is grouped into pages, these pages are split
over fixed size packets. The packet header allows to identify wether the page
starts in this package or continues in the next package.

The header bits:
bitflags:
0x01: unset = fresh packet
        set = continued packet
0x02: unset = not first page of logical bitstream
        set = first page of logical bitstream (bos)
0x04: unset = not last page of logical bitstream
        set = last page of logical bitstream (eos)

More infos at: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/oggstream.html
--
Best Regards,
        Atmos