[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mencoder + Divx5(libencore) working ??

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Jun 4 06:25:20 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 03:05:23AM +0200, Dark Avenger wrote:

> Has anyone been able to encode movies (trying to encode an mpeg1/2
> into a Divx5 using libencore), but it's seg. faulting on me. Mpeg4
> (ffmpeg oDivX) works fine.

Why? Use libavcodec, its better in every way, and Divx4/5 on Windows
can play the resulting files. Divx5 is known for being buggy. If you
really insist on using Divx5, check that width/height are even numbers
and that the options you're passing to it are valid.

> I am just curious if anyone has gotten it to work, because I think
> that I might have the problem, but not sure sure, because everything
> else works perfectly (mplayer/avifile/lame and other AV utils) (due to
> gcc 2.91.x and 2.96.x, yes i have read the docs, and that's why i am
> not submitting a bug report, but I am asking people's success stories
> instead)

Arrg, then don't ask at all, much less on the devel list! This is
almost certainly the problem. Go rm that buggy crap.

Rich