[MPlayer-dev-eng] Vobsub troubles and ripping

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Mon Jun 3 23:52:19 CEST 2002

D Richard Felker III writes:

> On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 10:27:31PM +0200, Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:
>
>> Because the current calculation seems completly broken with subtitles
>> files with no IDX file.  OTOH these subtitles were made with my own
>> vobsub ripping code.  That's why I wanted other's review before
>> applying to know if it still works well with Windows vobsub...
>
> Care to share your vobsub ripping code? I've been looking for a way to
> rip subtitles without burning them onto the movie like all the lamers
> seem to do. Or is this code included in mplayer but undocumented?

It is not yet included but will be when issues are resolved.  For one
thing it depends on the previous patch I posted, and the I really have
to clean some things up (command line arguments) to make it ready for
public consumption.  But I really need to settle the PTS calculation
trouble first because otherwise it will not work.

Kim Minh.