[MPlayer-dev-eng] More for greek users and gl with r128

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jun 3 01:38:16 CEST 2002

Hi,

> The last section should be changed to
>
>   XFree86(DRI) >= 4.2 supports it with Matrox, Rage128 and Radeon
>   cards.

no, at least for matrox 4.0.3 is enough
i don't know about ati cards, i don't have such thing
(except the mach64 in my notebook but it has no dri support yet)

> What's the decisive factor?  The XFree or the DRI version?

the actual card-specific opengl drivers...

anyway, the gl/gl2 is NOT for linux/PC users.
there is Xvideo for every card there is gl for. and xv is always better
choicd than gl.

gl/gl2 is for platforms/cards with no xv (due to hardware has no xv, or
because they aren't using xfree86 (but sgi's x11, or other commercial X11
impl) so no xv extension)

for example, gl works with matrox g400 (gl2 doesn't) but it's about 3 times
slower than xv and has slightly worse quality (blurry) when scaling.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team