[MPlayer-dev-eng] doesn't compile on cygwin

Joey Parrish joey at yunamusic.com
Sun Jun 2 23:55:21 CEST 2002

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 02:00:09AM -0500, Joey Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the latest cygwin packages to compile MPlayer
> (gcc-2.95.3-5, binutils-20011002) and gcc segfaults on
> libmpdemux/demux_mov.c

I got gcc source and made a linux->cygwin cross-compiler.
It segfaults on the same piece of code as the native cygwin
gcc, so I think it's a bug in the cygwin port of gcc 2.95.3.

If another gcc release works better, I'll let you know.
Should this be put in the DOCS somewhere?  So that users
can be warned about these gcc issues on cygwin?

Thanks,

--Joey

--

"Yes." -- John F. Kennedy