[MPlayer-dev-eng] divx 5.0.2 support ?

Alex Shnitman alexsh at hectic.net
Sun Jun 2 15:03:53 CEST 2002

On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 15:57, Arpi wrote:

> > Some users reported that new windows version of divx5 is out, and is not
> > compatible (wonder?) with libavcodec...
> >
> > sample file at incoming: divx502.avi
> > i had no time yet to download and try
> i did it now, and couldn't reproduce :(

I'm playing movies I encoded with DivX 5.02 just fine with mplayer. The
only problem is that seeking quite often creates an image that's kind of
a super-imposition of the original image (the point from which we seek)
and the motion vectors at the new point. It's kind of hard to explain,
but in other words, until the next keyframe the image is screwed.

I thought it has something to do with B-frames, which are new in DivX 5
so may not be supported by libavcodec very well. Is that the situation,
or should I file a proper bugreport?

--
Alex Shnitman <alexsh at hectic.net>
http://alexsh.hectic.net/   UIN 188956