[MPlayer-dev-eng] Unimplemented resamplers

Niels Andersen niels at myplace.dk
Sat Jun 1 13:15:01 CEST 2002

On Friday 31 May 2002 13:26, you wrote:
> > So, I finally got the hardware for surround. A bit disappointing, I can't
> > get surround output from most of my movies. :)

> A'rpi I'm happy to add the missing ones in the resample_c version at
> least - so these combinations at least play.

That would be very nice. :)

Also, I noticed something funny...
I have a file with ac3 sound, but it only has 2 channels.
It says this:
AC3: 2.0 (dolby)  48000 Hz  192.0 kbit/s
Dolby? Is that "Dolby Prologic", where several channels are encoded by some
advanced inverted phase-stuff?

> Neil - in the meantime, for your 3.1 file you can try -channels 6 (for
> which there is a resampler) and then use emu-dspmgr to reroute the fx12
> and fx13 channels (centre and lfe respectively) to the front pair, like
> so:
>   emu-dspmgr -a "fx12:Front" -a "fx13:Front"

Oh yeah, 6 channels works. Except that most people don't say anything. ;-)
The funny thing is that when I add a route with emu-dspmgr, all sound is
gone. When I remove the routes, there's still no sound. I can't reload the
module, since it's "busy". The only way I've found is to actually reboot,
which I'm not very happy about. ;-)

Also, "fx 12" are unknown inputs here:
$ emu-dspmgr -i

Available Inputs

Mono Name       Stereo Name      Address
---------       -----------      -------
Pcm L           Pcm              0x00
Pcm R           Pcm              0x01
Pcm Rear L      Pcm Rear         0x02
Pcm Rear R      Pcm Rear         0x03
Pcm center      Pcm ctr/sub      0x04
Pcm sub         Pcm ctr/sub      0x05
Analog L        Analog           0x40
Analog R        Analog           0x41
CD-Spdif L      CD-Spdif         0x42
CD-Spdif R      CD-Spdif         0x43
Opt. Spdif L    Opt. Spdif       0x44
Opt. Spdif R    Opt. Spdif       0x45
Line2/Mic2 L    Line2/Mic2       0x48
Line2/Mic2 R    Line2/Mic2       0x49
RCA Spdif L     RCA Spdif        0x4a
RCA Spdif R     RCA Spdif        0x4b
RCA Aux2 L      RCA Aux2         0x4c
RCA Aux2 R      RCA Aux2         0x4d

I tried routing "Pcm center" in stead.

> The levels will probably be a little messed up - centre a bit loud - but
> it'll get you going in the meantime.

Yes, that would be okay for now. Except that all sound is gone. I have no
idea where the problem is...
Maybe it's because Audigy isn't fully supported yet by the emu10k1 driver?

--
Mvh.

Niels Andersen