[MPlayer-dev-eng] troubles compiling on cygwin, portability issues

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Wed Jul 31 21:01:24 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 05:15:08 +0200 (CEST)
To: mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] troubles compiling on cygwin, portability    issues

> >  - Wind*ws NT4, 2K, or XP (only tested under NT4 at this time).
> >  - Current AAlib CVS.
> Functions on Windows ME (Gui, aalib and SDL untested)

Thanks.  I'll add to the file.

> >  Command to get a working install:
> >  ./configure --disable-win32 --disable-gl
> Compiles for me without these two.

I have to add those because I have installed the win32 package from mplayer into /lib/win32 (i think?) and it autodetects.  For some reason it doesn't like it at all on NT4.  So, I have to disable.  Same goes for GL, spits out lots of errors/warnings for GL on my system, mostly due to the fact I have NO GL support for my card.  Can't use another card, this is not my personal machine...

> Is someone working on DLL support ? I asked cygwin guys how to make
> Windows API calls.

I am slowly looking at it.  Doubt I will have as much luck as the *NIX side of it, but I am trying...

/S. Smith