[MPlayer-dev-eng] FYI: multi-angle-dvd's

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 31 01:39:07 CEST 2002

On Monday 22 July 2002 03:04, Robos wrote:
> On Tue, 16.07.02, Robos <robos at muon.de> wrote:
> > Hi
> > A short time ago someone asked what multi-angle dvd's are
> > available. Today I received amazon.de's special offer which includes
> > 2 multi-angle-dvd's, being: MIB - Collectors Edition and Hannibal. And
> > they are rather cheap! ;-)
> > http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/274578/ref=mm_prm_hv7sf_t_p
> >r_4 Hope that was of interest,
>
> I bought both of them: I checked hannibal till now and if libdvdread
> isn't too much mistaken then there is only one angle on the
> disk. There are also no other goodies there (like described on some
> review page where they tell it has multiple-angles). So a total
> rip-off. Well, who would have expected otherwise from bmg...
hmm, mustnt be.
eg. on SW EP1 German DVD you have two angles to select, but eg. on Matrix
German DVD I think the angles are in two different titles, so there is only
one set of movie vobs, but depending on the title you chose it plays
different stuff (I think in follow the white rabbit mode). I should check it
on a standalone again, to be more sure about how it's done on that dvd.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos