[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCHES

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 30 21:35:06 CEST 2002

Hi,

Ok, i'm back from my second holiday, no more planned for this year :(
I've looked though past mails - yea, cool to search for 'patch' in 3000+
mails ;)) - and applied/refused/commented interesting patches.

If you know any patch not refused/commited yet, please tell me.

Anyway, imho we've reached that point where we should switch from mailling
list to some patch management system. I don't kno any, so i'm asking about
your experiences... lets'tell me what is possible and which project is to go
with.

my ideas about the ideal patch management system:
- user commits his patch, through some web interface, or via email, along
with his comments. it also arrives in form of mail to -dev-eng or new list
mplayer-patches by the patch management system so we can discuss it
- you can assign the patch to somebody (mplayer developers with cvs access)
for review - optionaly more than one person - optionaly it does this
automatically depending on area (selected by patch maker) the patch belongs
- you can set priority for patch, and view them sorted by it
- you can refuse or accept patch, not listed any more by default
- user can commit updated version of his patch, without re-creating teh
patch entry, so we can follow the changes of the patch (diff of diff? :))

ok, end of dreaming :)
let's recommend something close to the above requirements...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team