[MPlayer-dev-eng] DVD that locks the kernel

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 29 14:28:08 CEST 2002

On Monday 29 July 2002 12:59, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found a DVD that locks the kernel (while playing it using
> mplayer). Any idea who to report it to?
I'd try monitoring syslog from a remote system or serial console and check it
for error messages at the time of lockup. Then I would also try playback on
another sysrem, to see if it's reproducible. After that I guess you should
report it to the proper linux kernel maintainer for DVD stuff (check
MAINTAINERS or so that comes with your kernel sources).

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos