[MPlayer-dev-eng] Announce dvdbackup and a new version of the DVD-Video burning Howto

Olaf Beck olaf_sc at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 10:40:44 CEST 2002

Hello Folks

dvdbackup version 0.1 a fully functional dvdbackup program. With dvdbackup you
can do the following DVD-Video backup functions without mounting the DVD. The
DVD-Video structure  created with the mirror option is suitable to burn to a
DVD-/+R(W) disk.

Total backup (mirror):
Will mirror the whole DVD-Video (except for computer files)

Backup main feature:
Will backup the main feature title set with help of a half smart guessing algo

Backup title set:
Will backup a specific title set

Backup title:
Will backup a specific title

Backup  chapters:
Will backup specific chapter(s) in a title

dvdbackup also has a info switch that will display:
DVD-Video file content of the DVD and  title set information such as aspect
ratio, audio tracks, angels, titles in present in the title set and so on....

For more information and download please visit
http://dvd.chevelless230.com/dvdbackup.html

I have also updated the DVD-Video burning howto the main news is that from
version 1.11a27 of cdrtools you will no longer need to download and patches
to enable DVD-Video creation. Joerg has now integrated my patches to mkisofs.
For more information please visit http://dvd.chevelless230.com .

Cheers Olaf

PS: Low version number due to the fact that it hasn't all the functions I want
it to have when it's finished. Beside it's also the first release (and some
code is really ugly :)