[MPlayer-dev-eng] suggested changes for mplayer and cygwin

Max Berger max.berger at xslt.de
Sun Jul 28 00:18:22 CEST 2002

Hi,

I needed mencoder under win32 so I tried compiling under cygwin. I've
noticed a little  problem with inttypes.h: It is not available under
cygwin, but a working replacement version is available in the TOOLS
directory.

The configure errors are: cpuinfo fails (nonfatal) and then the check for
inttypes.h fails.

The version was a current (Jul 27 2002) checkout.

Suggested workarounds:

- copy TOOLS/cygwin_inttypes.h to /usr/include/inttypes.h
  (that might be something for the docs)

or

- turn things in configure script around. Check for hostsystem first, THEN
  for cpu. If hostsytem is cgywin, use TOOLS/cygwin_inttypes.h instead of
  inttypes.h, also for cpuinfo.c!

If you want to (and if its possible :) ), I could write a patch for the
latter one.

Comments?

mfG

Max Berger
ICQ: 44986764
e-mail: max.berger at xslt.de

--
PGP/GnuPG ID: E81592BC   Print: F489F8759D4132923EC4 BC7E072AB73AE81592BC
SysAdmin: http://www7.in.tum.de/ SyncML: http://libsyncml.sourceforge.net