[MPlayer-dev-eng] Reading vobsub directly from a RAR archive

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 25 00:36:56 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 19:15, Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:
> Here is a patch to make use of the UniquE RAR File Library.
nice, I'll check it asap.

> Just put the files urarlib.{c,h}¹ in MPlayer's source directory, then do the
> configure and make and it should work.  Note that the unrarlib I have
> (v0.3.4) _can not_ read WinRAR v3 files.
Yes, and possibly it never wil as winrar 3 uses a completely new compression
technique (AFAIK), this was also said on the urarlib forum.

> Should the urarlib files be commited to CVS?  Should I apply?
I'll check it and we should also add the GPL note to the files before
commiting them.

> ¹ <URL:http://www.unrarlib.org/>, I can't seem to reach it now.  Did
>   anybody get the latest version?
Seems traffic is maxed out, but I doubt much has changed besides the license
change recently.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos