[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpcodecs porting problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 22 16:56:06 CEST 2002

Hi,

> in march I implemented a raw DV demuxer/decoder for libdv (with mplayer still
> from february), and now I updated mplayer and am trying to port the raw dv
> support to the current version.
> If this is done, I'll post the patch.
>
> Well, a lot has changed since then and I didn't find any documentation about
> this all. The infrastructure has become much nicer, but it is slightly hard
> to get it right without docs or comments :-/

there was a lot of mailing about it here, and also there is some (but some
obsolete/unfinished) doc in DOCS/tech/ about it

> Well, in old mplayer, sh_video had a member "our_out_buffer", which was used
> as the target buffer for my rawdv decoder. Now this seems to be gone.
yes

> Now there seems to be a function
> mp_image_t* mpcodecs_get_image(sh_video_t *sh, int mp_imgtype, int
> mp_imgflag, int w, int h);
>
> Do I simply have to use mp_image_t::planes[0]; ??

yes. for example, look at any simple native vd_*.c file.
i would choose the cinepak decoder, it's a good example.

> Which parameters does the get_image take ? I have YUY2 images, and I know
> width and height.
> Which of the many IMGFLAGS from mp_image.h do I have to use ?
normally none. if your decoder has extra features (liek it accepts any form
of stride) or it has restriction of the requested buffer (for example keep
the buffer contant and keep it readable for the future) then you have to add
some. As DV is not a predicted format (every frame is keyframe) i doubt you
need these. IMGTYPE_TEMP for type and 0 for flags should be ok for start.

anyway, send me your decoder (i think it's a patch for old dec_video.c ?)
i'll port it if you want

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team